Helping each child achieve their own unique potential.
At Chatterbugs we change a child’s life every day.
In 2015 we helped over 365 children who had difficulty with:
- Swallowing (dysphagia), feeding, eating and drinking skills including breastfeeding, transitioning to solids and fussy eaters/problem feeders.
- Speech clarity and pronunciation.
- Understanding of words, gestures, concepts and instructions (receptive language).
- Talking including vocabulary and grammar (expressive language). We help lots of late talkers get started with their first words and learning how to join words together.
- Literacy including reading (speed and accuracy), understanding what you read (reading comprehension), spelling and written language including being able to sequence ideas and make writing more interesting.
- Attention and listening skills including Auditory Processing Disorders (APD or CAPD), Attention Deficit Disorder with or without Hyperactivity (ADD/ADHD) and listening or attention problems due to hearing or visual impairments.
- Social and play skills.
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD, autism and Aspergers), Down Syndrome and other developmental disabilities.
- Fluency (stuttering)
We pride ourselves on our ‘service worth talking about’
We provide our therapy solutions in a family friendly atmosphere where you and your child can feel happy and comfortable. Our play-based therapy solutions are tailored to each child. We work exclusively with paediatrics (0-18yrs) so your child receives the highest quality, up to date evidence-based speech pathology assessment and therapy services. We provide the convenience of both clinic based and mobile services including home visits, school visits and daycare/kindy visits for Toowoomba, Highfields and surrounding suburbs.
All our Speech Pathologists are professionally recognised, fully qualified and registered providers
Registered practicing members of Speech Pathology Australia
Registered with Medicare
Registered with all major health funds
Registered service providers for Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) and Better Start for Children with Disabilities (Better Start) funding programs (DSS/FaHCSIA)
Actively engaged in ongoing professional development through supervision, workshops, conferences and reviewing current research
Fees and funding options
Although we don’t keep a schedule of fees on our website we are more than happy to provide a copy on request. For full details of the different kinds of funding that may be available to assist you in accessing speech pathology services refer to Speech Pathology Australia’s guide to rebates and funding packages.
Our mobile speech pathology service covers the following areas at no extra charge:
Toowoomba city; North Toowoomba; East Toowoomba; South Toowoomba; Newtown; Harristown; Centenary Heights; Mount Lofty; Kearney Springs; Middle Ridge; Rangeville; Darling Heights; Drayton; Glenvale; Wilsonton; Wilsonton Heights; Prince Henry Heights; Rockville; Harlaxton; Highfields; Mount Kynoch; Cranley; Withcott; Oakey
Mobile speech therapy services outside of these areas may involve additional costs – if in doubt just ask.